Spoil yourself with a relaxing Saturday full of yoga and wine!
Join Brut Detroit and yoga teacher Marielle Heidebrink for a new event series: Body in Bloom. In this special edition event coinciding with the Spring Equinox, we will explore yoga and wine with the intent of blooming our awareness in appreciation of this transitory moment in the year.
We will begin our event with a 60-minute vinyasa yoga practice. Our yoga practice will focus on opening the body, melting any last remains of winter, and creating space to bloom into spring.
Once rejuvenated, we will nourish our minds and inner wino's as Sommelier, Mike Fifer, guides us through a 3-wine tasting. Our intention throughout the tasting will be to grow in our understanding of how different bodies of wine bloom from seed to glass and again as we experience them upon tasting. You will learn about the wines, how to taste, and more...
12:30pm -- Doors open, guests arrive & get settled
1:00pm -- Vinyasa Yoga Session begins
2:00pm -- Yoga wraps, guests refresh & transition to wine tasting
2:15pm -- Wine tasting begins & light appetizers served
3:00pm -- Wine tasting winds down, guests mingle, grab another glass, ask questions, relax
Yoga Only: Early Bird ($25), Regular ($30)
Yoga & Wine Tasting: Early Bird ($60), Regular ($65)
What if I only want to do the yoga event or wine tasting but not both?
- you may purchase a yoga-only ticket and leave after the yoga session but we will not be selling wine tasting-only tickets.
What should I bring to the event?
- for the yoga session: wear comfortable yoga attire, a yoga mat, water bottle, towel. After the yoga session, we are encouraging you to just jump into the wine tasting! No need to change, we want you to feel comfortable just as you are!
Can I purchase wine after the tasting?
- the bar will be open throughout the day after the yoga session. Bar menu is subject to change, but all of the wines sampled in the tasting will be available for purchase by the glass and bottle!
What kind of appetizers will be served?
- we know you might need a little snack to help transition :) We will have cheese, charcuterie, veggies, and crackers out in a buffet style so you can help yourself and rejoin the tasting group.
What can I expect at the wine tasting?
- we will provide you with one wine glass, water, a wine tasting notes & scoring sheet w/pen, and a dump bucket. We will pour all of the wines in one glass - you're welcome to dump excess wine in the bucket and rinse your glass with water, however that is not necessary! The wine tasting notes & scoring sheet will be explained in the tasting. While we have a tasting process, we do not employ any formal etiquette for the tasting. Please ask questions, converse with your tasting neighbors, meet new people, and enjoy your experience (there is no wrong way to enjoy a Brut Detroit wine tasting!).
If we didn't answer your question please let us know! Comment below or send us a quick note: email@example.com.